Egg Drop Soup
Calories 114 (46% from fat)
Fat 6 gram
Saturated Fat 1.8 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 186 mg.
Sodium 957 mg.
Carb. 4.5 gram
Fiber 0 gram
Sugar 1 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 9.7 gram
1 whole large egg, whisked
1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/4 tsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
1/4 tsp. sesame oil
1 tsp. cornstarch
2 tsp. water
1/4 tsp. white pepper, ground (Or more to taste.)
1/8 tsp. salt (optional)
1 tsp. fresh chives, chopped
We came across this recipe in Allrecipes.com and loved its delicious savory flavor before a main meal. We multiplied the ingredients by 4 and made it all together for a family dinner.
This recipe is higher in fat, but that's primarily from the egg and because it's a very low calorie dish. This recipe is higher in sodium. If you're on a low-sodium diet, you should consider another option.
Egg Drop Soup
1. Whisk the egg in a small bowl and set aside.
2. In a small non-stick pot, combine the chicken broth, soy sauce and sesame oil. Put on the stove and bring to a boil.
3. Stir together the cornstarch and water in a small bowl, until thoroughly dissolved. Pour the cornstarch into the pot of boiling chicken broth.
4. Stir the pot gently as you add the beaten egg. Reduce heat to low.
5. After about 1 minute, put the soup into a bowl. Mix in the remaining ingredients, white pepper, salt and chives. Then serve.
Yield: 1 Serving