Loaded Cauliflower Soup - Instant Pot
Calories 260 (17% from fat)
Fat 5 gram
Saturated Fat 2 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 14 mg.
Sodium 1303 mg.
Carb. 34 gram
Fiber 4 gram
Sugar 9 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 17 gram
6 slices of veggie bacon
(We used half a 5 oz. package of Lightlife Meatless Smart Bacon.)
2 cups yellow onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves (4 tsp.), minced
5 cups cauliflower florets (chopped cauliflower) (about 24 oz.)
2 cups peeled and chopped potatoes (about 10 oz.)
4 cups no salt added vegetable broth
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper, ground
1 cup plain whole-milk Greek yogurt, divided
1/2 cup fat free cheddar cheese, shredded
2 scallions, thinly sliced
All the flavor of a loaded potato and all the healthy goodness of cauliflower. Make a double or triple batch in a large 10 quart Instant Pot.
This recipe is higher in sodium. If you're on a low sodium diet, you should consider another option.
1. Turn Instant Pot on Saute. Add the bacon and cook until crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and chop into small bits.
2. Put the onion and garlic in the Instant Pot and cook, stirring often until softened, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the cauliflower, potatoes, broth, salt and pepper. Cover, lock the lid and close the steam valve. Set to high pressure for 10 minutes.
4. After 10 minutes, release the pressure naturally. Turn off the Instant Pot and remove the cover. Blend the soup with an immersion blender until smooth. (You can also transfer the mixture to a blender and process until smooth if you don't have an immersion blender.)
5. Stir in 1/2 cup of the yogurt.
6. Ladel the soup into bowls, about 2 cups per bowl.
7. Top with the remaining yogurt (2 tablespoons per bowl), the bacon you made previously, 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese per bowl and the scallions.
Yield: 4 Servings
You can freeze individual portions for easy re-heating later.
Microwave for approximately 4 minutes. Stir and continue heating for one additional minute. Keep the container open a little to allow steam to escape.
Stir in the additional Greek yogurt, cheddar cheese and scallions separately.