Spinach and Salmon Soup
Calories 229 (25% from fat)
Fat 6.4 gram
Saturated Fat 1.4 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 35 mg.
Sodium 110 mg.
Carb. 29 gram
Fiber 3 gram
Sugar 8 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 17 gram
2 medium potatoes (about 4.4 oz. each), diced
1 medium carrot (about 2.2 oz.), diced
1 medium onion (1 cup), diced
1 medium stalk celery (7-1/2 to 8" long), diced
2 packets (.15 oz. each) Herb Ox no sodium chicken stock
5 cups water
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. Black pepper, ground
8 oz. fillet of salmon (with skin removed), poached
2 cups baby spinach
1 cup fat free milk
1. Combine all the ingredients (except the salmon, spinach and milk) in a large pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer. Cover and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
2. Raise heat to medium, add the salmon and poach for about 7 minutes. Then remove the salmon and set aside in a bowl.
3. Add the spinach and cook for 1 more minute. Then remove the soup from the heat and let cool for 3-5 minutes.
4. Pour the soup into a blender, one cup at a time and puree until smooth. Put the pureed soup back into the pot, add the milk and heat to a simmer.
5. Break up the salmon and add it to the soup. Divide into 4 servings.
Yield: 4 Servings
You can freeze individual portions for easy re-heating later.
Microwave the soup for approximately 2-3 minutes, keeping the container open a little to allow steam to escape.