Ginger Carrot Soup
Calories 183 (3% from fat)
Fat .6 gram
Saturated Fat 0 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 5 mg.
Sodium 244 mg.
Carb. 42 gram
Fiber 8 gram
Sugar 15 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 5 gram
fat free olive oil spray
1 large (2 cups) onion, chopped
2 lbs. carrots, peeled and sliced
6 cups water
4 packets (4 grams per packet) Herb Ox very low sodium beef bouillon
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. ginger, ground
1 1/2 Tbsp. curry powder
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper, ground
1 cup fat free sour cream
1 Tbsp. chives, chopped
ground black pepper to taste
1. Heat a large non-stick pot over medium heat. Spray the pot with fat free olive oil spray and saute the onions and carrots for about 5 minutes.
2. Add the water and Herb Ox, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium low. Stir in the next four ingredients, lemon juice, ginger, curry and cayenne pepper. Cover the pot and let simmer for about 15 minutes until the carrots are tender.
3. Pour the soup into a blender or food processor. Blend until it's smooth, then transfer it all back into the pot. Keep it warm until you're ready to serve.
4. Ladel about 2 cups of soup into each serving bowl. Spoon 1/4 cup of sour cream onto each serving. Then top with 1/4 tablespoon of chives and black pepper to taste.
5. To get the effect in the picture, we put the sour cream into a plastic sandwich bag. The we cut off a corner and squeezed the sour cream around in a spiral. Drag a fork through it and sprinkle the chives on top.
Yield: 4 Servings
You can freeze individual portions for easy re-heating later.
Make sure to freeze them in freezer safe tupperware containers.
When you heat them up, microwave for approximately 4 minutes, stir and finish heating it for another 3 minutes. Keep the container open just a little to allow steam to escape.