Tomato & Tofu Soup
Calories 165 (15% from fat)
Fat 2.7 gram
Saturated Fat 0 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 0 mg.
Sodium 114.5 mg.
Carb. 26 gram
Fiber 6.75 gram
Sugar 11 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 9 gram
2 medium chopped onions (2 cups)
2 tsp. (2 cloves) minced garlic
2 Tbsp. dried basil
2 tsp. dried thyme leaves
fat-free cooking spray
1 package (10.5 oz) silken tofu (drained)
2 cans (14.5 oz. each) no salt added diced tomatoes
4 Tbsp. (1 oz.) diced sun dried tomatoes
2 Tbsp. Splenda no calorie sweetener
(We used the box that measures cup for cup like sugar.)
1/2 tsp. orange extract
1. In a medium bowl combine the chopped onions, garlic, basil and thyme. (This is the onion mixture.)
2. Heat a non-stick cooking pan over medium heat. Coat the pan with fat-free cooking spray. Pour the onion mixture in the pan and cook until the onion starts to get tender, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the package of tofu to the pan and stir it in with the onion mixture. Continue cooking another 2 minutes.
4. Add the cans of tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, Splenda and orange extract to the pan. Keep stirring until everything is thoroughly combined and hot, approximately 6 more minutes.
5. Pour everything from the pan into a blender and puree until smooth. Pour out individual servings into bowls.
Yield: 4 Servings - Serving Size 1.5 Cups Each
You can freeze individual portions for easy re-heating later.
Make sure to freeze them in individual freezer safe tupperware containers.
When you heat them up, microwave for approximately 5 minutes, keeping the container open just a little to allow steam to escape.