Calories 161 (39% from fat)
Fat 7 gram
Saturated Fat 1 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 1 mg.
Sodium 55 mg.
Carb. 24 gram
Fiber 3 gram
Sugar 3 gram
Sugar Alcohol 8.5 gram
Protein 4 gram
4 large egg whites
1/2 cup sugar free honey
(We Used Honey Tree Sugar Free Imitation Honey)
1/4 cup light butter, melted
(We used Smart Balance Light Butter & Non-GMO Canola Oil Blend.)
1 cup grated carrots
1 cup walnuts
1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
1 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 tsp nutmeg, ground
1 tsp. cinnamon, ground
1 1/2 cups regular Cheerios
buttery cooking spray
Grab a cookie when you want an afternoon snack. Grab two for a tasty breakfast on the run.
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the egg whites, sugar free honey and melted butter.
2. Then stir in the carrots, walnuts and apricots.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, oats, nutmeg and cinnamon. Stir this in with the wet mixture.
4. Fold the Cheerios into the mixture until combined.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
6. Lightly coat a 13 x 14 baking sheet with buttery cooking spray. Pack the cookie mixture together and make 16 cookies, about 1/4 of a cup apiece.
7. Bake for 15 minutes, until cookie starts to firm up and hold together. When finished, store the cookies in sealed containers in the freezer.
8. Let thaw before eating or heat in microwave for 30 seconds to warm breakfast cookies up.
Yield: 16 Servings