Blackened Miso Roasted Brussel Sprouts
Calories 79 (34% from fat)
Fat 3 gram
Saturated Fat 0.75 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 0 mg.
Sodium 90 mg.
Carb. 11 gram
Fiber 4 gram
Sugar 3 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 4 gram
1 pound brussel sprouts
olive oil spray (Approx. 1 tsp.)
1 Tbsp. lowfat butter
1 Tbsp. dry white wine
1 Tbsp. miso paste
These savory and crunchy Brussel sprouts are a great compliment to any meal that has a lot of sweet flavors in it. Go ahead and make extra servings, each one is less than 100 calories.
1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Slice the ends of the Brussel sprouts off and cut them in half. Larger sprouts cut into thirds or quarters.
3. Put the Brussel sprouts in a mixing bowl and lightly spray it with olive oil. Toss the sprouts to coat them.
4. Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spread the sprouts out evenly, cut side down. Then cover with aluminum foil and roast for 10 minutes.
5. While sprouts are cooking, heat the butter up in the microwave. Then whisk together the butter, white wine and miso paste.
6. After 10 minutes of roasting, take the Brussel sprouts out of the oven and pour them back into the mixing bowl. Pour the butter/wine/paste over the top and toss the sprouts till they're covered.
7. Put the sprouts back on the backing sheet, this time with the cut sides up. Roast for an additional 15-18 minutes, depending on how crispy you like them. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
Yield: 4 Servings
You can freeze individual portions for easy re-heating later.
Microwave on high for approximately 2-3 minutes. Keep the container open a little to allow steam to escape. They won't come back crispy. If you like crispy, they shouldn't be frozen.