Green Bean Casserole
Calories 131 (29% from fat)
Fat 4 gram
Saturated Fat 1.6 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 2 mg.
Sodium 270 mg.
Carb. 16 gram
Fiber 3 gram
Sugar 6 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 3 gram
2 (16 ounce) bags of frozen green beans, thawed (or 2 pounds of fresh green beans, cut)
1 can (10.5 ounce) reduced fat condensed cream of mushroom soup
(We used Campbell's Healthy Request Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup.)
3/4 cup fat free milk
1/4 cup fat free sour cream
1/2 tsp. black pepper, ground
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
buttery cooking spray
1 cup crispy fried onions
(We used French's Crispy Fried Onions.)
Green bean casserole is a staple in most holiday dinners. We’ve put together a version that’s half the calories of the traditional recipe while still tasting great. This recipe can be put together in about 10 minutes.
1. FROZEN GREEN BEANS – Put them in a microwave safe bowl and heat on high for 4 minutes. Then stir and heat again for an additional 2 minutes, until warm.
2. FRESH GREEN BEANS – Put them in a large non-stick pan with 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then cover and cook for 3 minutes. Uncover the pan and cook for an additional minute or two, until water evaporates and the beans are crisp-tender.
3. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Put the beans in a large bowl and mix them together with the next 8 ingredients, mushroom soup through soy sauce.
5. Lightly coat a 13x9 baking dish with buttery cooking spray. Pour the green bean mixture into the dish and bake, uncovered for 30 minutes. Bake until the casserole is bubbling.
6. Take the beans out of the oven and sprinkle the fried onions evenly over the top. Return to the oven and bake for another 5 minutes, to crisp the onions.
7. Divide into 8 servings and enjoy.
Yield: 8 Servings
You can freeze individual portions for easy re-heating later.
Microwave for approximately 1.5 - 2 minutes. Keep the container open a little to allow steam to escape.