Grilled Ham and Apricot Sandwich
Calories 465 (33% from fat)
Fat 17 gram
Saturated Fat 3 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 38 mg.
Sodium 1631 mg.
Carb. 57 gram
Fiber 11 gram
Sugar 12 gram
Sugar Alcohol 3 gram
Protein 29 gram
2 slices whole wheat bread
(We used Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds.)
2 Tbsp. fat free cream cheese
small slices (3 oz.) ham
1 Tbsp. apricot and honey ham glaze
Click Here for the Apricot and Honey Glaze Recipe
2 Tbsp. light mayonnaise
(We used Hellmann's Light Mayonnaise.)
buttery cooking spray
This started as a simple ham sandwich after testing several ham recipes. The addition of the cream cheese inside and mayo for grilling were the perfect final touches.
This recipe uses an apricot and honey glaze. The glaze is easy to make, with or without cooking a ham. Click Here for the Apricot and Honey Glaze.
1. Preheat non-stick pan over medium heat.
2. Spread the cream cheese evenly over one slice of bread. Top that with the slice(s) of ham. Spread the glaze over that. Then put ONE tablespoon of mayonnaise on the very TOP of the bread.
3. Lightly coat the non-stick pan with buttery cooking spray.
4. Place the sandwich in the pan, mayonnaise side DOWN. Then spread another tablespoon of the mayonnaise on the top of the sandwich that’s cooking.
5. After the sandwich has browned on one side, about 3-4 minutes, flip the sandwich over so it can brown on the other side for another 3-4 minutes.
6. Once both sides are browned, remove from the pan, cut in half and serve. You can make extras to freeze and re-heat later.
Yield: 1 Serving
You can freeze individual portions for easy re-heating later.
Microwave for approximately 2-3 minutes. Keep the container open a little to allow steam to escape.