Chicken Salad Focaccia Sandwiches
Calories 418 (13% from fat)
Fat 5.8 gram
Saturated Fat 1 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Chol. 67 mg.
Sodium 882 mg.
Carb. 55 gram
Fiber 2.2 gram
Sugar 11 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 36 gram
fat free olive oil spray
1 13.8 oz. can of Pillsbury classic pizza crust dough
2 tsp. (4 cloves) minced garlic
2 tsp. dried rosemary leaves
4 Tbsp. sliced olives
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
1 medium (4.2 oz.) red bell pepper cleaned out and chopped
1/2 cup onion, diced
1/2 cup celery, diced
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 container (6 oz.) plain fat free yogurt
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees. Use a non-stick cookie sheet and lightly spray it with fat free olive oil cooking spray. Unroll the can of pizza dough on the sheet making a rectangle 12x10 inches. Fold the dough in half and press it together lightly so it's now 6x10 inches.
2. Sprinkle the minced garlic, dried rosemary and sliced olives across the top of the dough. Put it in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes. It's finished when the edges are a golden brown.
3. While the bread is cooking, heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Once it's hot, spray with fat-free olive oil spray and add the chicken to the pan. Then mix in the next 4 ingredients, red bell pepper, onion, celery and lemon juice. Stir everything together and cook until chicken is browned and onions are sautéed, about 8-10 minutes. (Chicken is done when a meat thermometer inserted in the middle of a piece is 170 degrees.)
4. Put the chicken mix in a bowl and pour the yogurt over the top. Mix well. This is now the chicken salad. You can cover it and put it in the refrigerator to get it cold or serve it on the bread warm.
5. When the bread is done, take it out of the oven and let it cool for a couple minutes. Once it's cool, cut it into 4 pieces, then split each piece in half so it makes 2 layers. Divide the chicken salad evenly between the four focaccia bread sandwiches.
Yield: 4 Servings