Tofu, Lettuce and Tomato
Calories 364 (25% from fat)
Fat 10 gram
Saturated Fat 1 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Chol. 0 mg.
Sodium 742 mg.
Carb. 48 gram
Fiber 7.4 gram
Sugar 10 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 19 gram
Non-fat cooking spray
1 Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 tsp. adobo seasoning, divided
14 oz. water-packed extra-firm tofu, drained and rinsed
8 slices multi-grain bread, toasted
4 Tbsp. fat free mayonnaise
2 medium tomatoes, sliced
8 romaine lettuce leafs
1. Pre-heat the oven to 475 degrees Fahrenheit. Coat a baking sheet with non-fat cooking spray.
2. Mix the mustard, soy sauce and 1/2 tsp. of the adobo seasoning together. Cut the tofu into eight 1/2 inch thick pieces, dab them dry with a paper towel and lay them on the baking sheet.
3. Divide the mustard/soy sauce mixture and spread half on the top of the tofu. Then flip all the tofu pieces and spread the remaining half on the other side. Put the tofu in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
4. Start toasting the bread. Stir together the remaining 1/2 tsp. adoboe seasoning and mayonnaise in a small dish. Then spread it evenly (about 1/2 Tbsp. per slice) on the toasted bread.
5. Place two slices of tofu, two slices of tomato and two romaine leafs in between two slices of toast. Slice each one in half and serve.
Yield: 4 Servings