Calories 404 (31% from fat)
Fat 14 gram
Saturated Fat 3.6 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 77 mg.
Sodium 1171 mg.
Carb 31 gram
Fiber 2 gram
Sugar 5 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 36 gram
2 cups shredded spinach
1 cup chopped fresh tomato
1 cup fat free shredded cheddar cheese
1 pound 95% lean ground beef
1 package (1 ounce) reduced sodium taco seasoning mix
(We used Old El Paso 25% Less Sodium Taco Seasoning Mix.)
3/4 cup water
4 Servings of Doritos Chips (About 11 Chips per serving.) (We tested this recipe with Doritos Cheese and Cool Ranch flavors.)
1/2 cup of salsa
1. Start by cutting the spinach into strips, chop the tomato and shred the cheese if it isn't already done. Set the ingredients aside.
2. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium high heat. Add the ground beef to the pan, chop and stir until the beef is browned. Drain the fat.
3. Pour the packet of taco seasoning and water over the beef. Bring everything to a boil while mixing, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Prepare the bowls. It goes together well if you layer them like this.
5. Put 1/4 cup of the shredded spinach in the bottom of each bowl and 2 tablespoons diced tomato on top. Add 10 Doritos chips on top of the spinach, then the meat, 2 tablespoons salsa, the remaining 1/4 cup shredded spinach, 2 tablespoons sour cream, 1/4 cup cheese, remaining 2 tablespoons diced tomato and top with a final Doritos chip for presentation.
Yield: 4 Servings