Salmon and Penne Pasta Salad
Calories 459 (29% from fat)
Fat 15 gram
Saturated Fat 2.3 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 73 mg.
Sodium 427 mg.
Carb. 54 gram
Fiber 6 gram
Sugar 4.5 gram
Sugar Alcohol 7 gram
Protein 32 gram
2 Tbsp. sugar free honey
(We used Honey Tree Sugar Free Imitation Honey - Shown at right.)
1/2 tsp black pepper, ground
1 lb. fresh salmon fillets
1 tsp. vegetable oil
1 medium (1 cup) white onion, chopped
1/3 cup (2-2/3 fluid oz.) dry white wine
3/4 cup fat free half & half
2 tsp. Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. salt substitute
(We used No Salt Sodium-Free Salt Alternative.)
3 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
6.5 oz. (half a 13.25 oz. box) whole wheat penne rigate pasta
(We used Ronzoni Healthy Harvest Whole Wheat Blend Pasta Penne Rigate.)
1. Preheat a grill. Then mix together the honey and black pepper.
2. Place the salmon on the grill, skin side down. Brush the honey/pepper mix over the top of the fillets. Grill (but don't flip) for about 10 minutes, until salmon flakes easily with a fork. Then remove from the grill and let cool.
3. Heat a non-stick saucepan over medium heat. Add oil, onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
4. Pour wine in the saucepan and simmer about 2 minutes, until the wine is reduced. Then whisk the half and half, Dijon, salt and salt substitute in with the onions. Remove from the heat. Flake the salmon (leaving skin behind) and mix the salmon and parsley in with the onions.
5. Heat a non-stick pot of water to boiling. Add the penne pasta and cook for 9-10 minutes until it's firm (al dente). Drain the water out and put pasta in a large bowl. Mix the salmon/onion sauce and pasta together, then serve.
Yield: 4 Servings