Tropical Stir-Fried Pork Tenderloin
Calories 254 (27% from fat)
Fat 7.5 gram
Saturated Fat 1.4 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Chol. 55 mg.
Sodium 391 mg.
Carb. 26 gram
Fiber 3.4 gram
Sugar 17 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 21 gram
20 oz. canned pineapple chunks in juice
2 Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
1/8 tsp. ground cayenne pepper (red pepper)
1 tsp. vegetable oil
2 cups fresh broccoli florets
3/4 lb. pork tenderloin, cut into half-inch cubes
4 cups thinly sliced romaine or spinach leaves
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1. Drain pineapple, saving the juice. Combine the juice, soy sauce, cornstarch and cayenne and set aside.
2. Heat oil in large skillet over high heat. Stir-fry broccoli 1-2 minutes.
3. Add pork and stir-fry 5-6 minutes until pork is just done. Push the mixture to the side of the skillet.
4. Stir juice mixture to blend well and add to center of skillet. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
5. Add pineapple, cook and stir 1-2 minutes until heated through.
6. Serve on bed of romaine or spinach, garnished with almond slices.
Yield: 4 Servings