Calories 247 (21% from fat)
Fat 5.6 gram
Saturated Fat 2 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 8 mg.
Sodium 728 mg.
Carb. 25 gram
Fiber 5 gram
Sugar 5 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 21 gram
1 lb. 93% fat free ground beef
1 cup onion, chopped
1 cup green pepper, chopped
butter cooking spray
1 can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes no salt added, undrained
2 cans (4 oz. each) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
1 tsp. oregano, dried
4 tsp. garlic, minced
2.5 cups pasta sauce
(We used Classico Four Cheese Pasta Sauce.)
12 oz. whole wheat spaghetti, cooked and drained
2 cups (8 oz.) fat free cheddar cheese, shredded
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Try spaghetti a new way. Bake a batch up for potlucks and freeze leftovers for a quick meal in minutes.
1. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. If you put a drop of water in the pan, once it's evaporated the pan is hot enough.
2. Add the beef to the pan. Use a spatula or wooden spoon and stir the meat, breaking it up so every part is cooking. Keep stirring and breaking it up until every part is cooked brown, about 5-7 minutes. Pour the meat into a bowl and set aside.
3. Chop the onion and green pepper. Then re-heat the non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, lightly coat pan with butter cooking spray and sauté the onion and green pepper until tender.
4. Add the next four ingredients, tomatoes through garlic and stir together. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. When finished, remove from the heat, mix it together with the cooked beef and stir in the pasta sauce. Set aside.
5. Cook the spaghetti according to package instructions.
6. Lightly coat a 13 x 9 baking dish with buttery cooking spray. Then place half the cooked spaghetti in the dish, cover that with half the vegetable mixture and sprinkle 1 cup of the cheddar cheese on top. Repeat with remaining spaghetti, remaining vegetable mixture and 1 more cup of cheddar cheese.
7. In a small bowl mix together the cream of mushroom soup and water. Pour that over the casserole. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over top.
8. Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30-35 minutes, or until heated through.
Yield: 12 Servings
You can freeze individual portions for easy re-heating later.
Microwave for approximately 3-4 minutes. Keep the container open a little to allow steam to escape.