Pineapple Baked Ham
Calories 114 (30% from fat)
Fat 3.7 gram
Saturated Fat 1.5 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 45 mg.
Sodium 720 mg.
Carb. 5.7 gram
Fiber 0.1 gram
Sugar 4 gram
Sugar Alcohol 1.3 gram
Protein 15 gram
6 lbs. semi boneless ham with natural juices, fully cooked
1 can (20 oz.) no sugar added sliced pineapple (10 slices)
1 can (12 oz.) lemon-lime flavored diet soda
(We used Fresca.)
1/3 cup Splenda Brown Sugar Blend (packed tight)
2 Tbsp. Sugar free honey
(We used Honey Tree's Sugar Free Imitation Honey.)
1/4 cup whole cloves
1. Preheat oven to 320 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove ham from packaging and put in a roasting pan.
2. Pour the juice from the can of pineapple rings into a bowl. Add soda, Splenda Brown Sugar and sugar free honey. Set aside.
3. Arrange the pineapple rings around the ham, attaching each one with a couple wooden toothpicks. Take the cloves and insert them around the outside of the ham.
4. Stir up the pineapple juice mixture and coat the ham with it.
5. Bake the ham for approximately 20 minutes per pound, basting with the juices about every 30-45 minutes. Once the internal temperature of the ham reaches between 140 and 145 degrees Fahrenheit, it's finished. Make sure to take the temperature with a thermometer that is NOT touching the bone.
6. Remove the toothpicks, cloves and serve.
Yield: 26 Servings - 3 oz. Ham Per Serving
You can freeze individual portions for easy re-heating later.
Microwave for approximately 3-4 minutes. Keep the container open a little to allow steam to escape.