Chicken Fried Rice
Calories 203 (18% from fat)
Fat 2.6 gram
Saturated Fat 0.2 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 46 mg.
Sodium 139 mg.
Carb. 21 gram
Fiber 2.8 gram
Sugar 3.7 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 23.6 gram
2 Tbsp. chili sauce with garlic
(We used Hokan Chili Sauce with Garlic.)
1/4 cup water
2 cups cooked, whole grain brown rice
(We used 2 pouches of Uncle Ben's Ready Rice Natural Whole Grain Brown in a Pouch. It cooks in 90 seconds in a microwave.)
fat free buttery spray
1 pound (16 oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced into 1/2-inch cubes
1 cup onion, cut into thin strips
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 cup shredded carrots
1.5 cups chopped broccoli
1 clove (1 tsp.) garlic, minced
1 tsp. ginger, minced
4 large egg whites
1. Mix the chili sauce with garlic in a bowl with the water and set aside.
2. Prepare 2 cups of whole grain brown rice. If you're cooking from scratch, make sure you end up with 2 cups cooked. If you're using Uncle Ben's Ready Rice (Natural Whole Grain Brown in a Pouch) you can skip this step.
3. Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Once it's hot, lightly spray the buttery cooking spray and add the cubed chicken. Stir occasionally until cooked, about 5-7 minutes. Put the chicken in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
4. Wipe out the pan and lightly coat again with the buttery spray. Turn the heat on high and add the onions, mushrooms and carrots. Cook for 2 minutes, then lightly spray again. Add the broccoli, garlic and ginger while cooking an additional 2 minutes.
5. Pour the vegetables, garlic sauce and water over the chicken. Stir to combine.
6. If you are using Uncle Ben's Ready Rice (Natural Whole Grain Brown), open the pouches and put them in a microwave. Cook on high for 90 seconds.
7. Wipe out the pan and lightly spray one more time. Then add the egg whites. Cook on high, stirring occasionally, until the eggs are nearly set. Add the rice to the mixture and stir to combine. Finally pour the chicken and vegetable combination over top of everything, stir together and cook for 2 more minutes, until the eggs are completely cooked.
8. Remove from heat and serve.
Yield: 6 Servings
You can freeze individual portions for easy re-heating later.
Microwave for approximately 4 minutes. Keep the container open a little to allow steam to escape.