Pork Chops - Baked
Calories 321 (16% from fat)
Fat 5.7 gram
Saturated Fat 1.7 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 125 mg.
Sodium 517 mg.
Carb. 11 gram
Fiber 1.4 gram
Sugar 2.3 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 53 gram
6 pork chops, boneless top loin (about 3 lbs.)
(Use TOP LOIN because it's the leanest cut.)
1 egg white
1 cup fat free evaporated (NOT condensed) milk
3/4 cup cornflakes, crushed
1/4 cup bread crumbs, fine, dry
4 tsp. paprika
2 tsp. oregano, dried
3/4 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. black pepper, ground
1/8 tsp. pepper, cayenne
1/8 tsp. dry mustard, ground
1 tsp. salt substitute
(We used No Salt Sodium Free Salt.)
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 13x9 baking pan with fat free cooking spray and set aside. Trim all visible fat from the pork chops.
2. Whisk together the egg whites and evaporated milk until they're combined. Pour the mixture into a shallow pan and lay the six pork chops in it, letting them soak for about 3 minutes. Flip the pork chops and let them sit for another 3 minutes.
3. While the pork chops are soaking, crush some cornflakes until you have 3/4 of a cup. Mix that together with all the remaining ingredients on the list, bread crumbs through salt substitute.
4. Take the pork chops out of the milk mixture and coat them with the corn flakes and spice mix.
5. Put the pork chops on the baking pan and bake them in the oven for 20 minutes. Flip them once and let bake for another 7-15 minutes or until no pink remains inside the chops.
Yield: 6 Servings
You can freeze individual portions for easy re-heating later.
We added a serving of frozen vegetables with each pork chop so when we heat them up, the vegetables are ready at the same time.
Make sure to freeze them in freezer safe containers.
Microwave for approximately 3-4 minutes, keeping the container open just a little to allow steam to escape.