Calories 463 (25% from fat)
Fat 13 gram
Saturated Fat 3 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 188 mg.
Sodium 478 mg.
Carb. 32 gram
Fiber 5.2 gram
Sugar 8 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 50 gram
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
2 lbs. chicken thighs, skinless & boneless
3 tsp. olive oil, divided
1 medium onion (1 cup) sliced
4 cloves (4 tsp.) garlic, minced
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
8 oz. sliced mushrooms
1 tsp. no sodium salt
(We Used No Salt Sodium Free Salt.)
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
1/2 cup (93 mL) dry white wine
1 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary
1 (14.5 oz.) can no salt added diced tomatoes
fat free olive oil spray
1/2 tube (17 oz. tube) original polenta, cut into 12 slices
1 Tbsp. flat-leaf parsley, chopped
2. Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 tsp. of the olive oil and begin sautéing the chicken until brown, about 4-5 minutes per side. Put the browned chicken on a plate, cover and set aside.
3. Put the remaining 2 tsp. olive oil in the pan, reduce heat to medium and add the onion, garlic, bell pepper and mushrooms. Sauté for about 5 minutes, until the onion is tender. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Add no sodium salt, pepper and wine to the vegetables. Simmer for about 3-4 minutes, until it reduces by half. Increase the heat to medium high, stir in the rosemary and diced tomatoes and keep stirring until it starts simmering, about 2 more minutes.
5. Lightly spray a 13x9 oven safe dish (we used a glass casserole dish) with fat free olive oil spray. Line the bottom with the cooked chicken. Top with the cooked vegetables. Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes.
6. About 10 minutes before the chicken is done, heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Cut HALF a 17 oz. polenta tube into 12 slices. Lightly spray the pan with fat free olive oil spray, put the slices in and fry. After about 4 minutes, flip and fry the other side. Once they are thoroughly heated, put three slices on each plate. Top with 1/4 of the baked chicken per plate, sprinkle some parsley on top and serve.
Yield: 4 Servings
You can freeze individual portions for easy re-heating later.
Make sure to freeze them in freezer safe containers.
Microwave for approximately 4-6 minutes, keeping the container open just a little to allow steam to escape.