Calories 294 (11% from fat)
Fat 3.5 gram
Saturated Fat 1 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 79 mg.
Sodium 456 mg.
Carb. 41 gram
Fiber 3 gram
Sugar 7 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 24 gram
12 oz. package of extra wide egg noodles
fat free butter spray
3 cans (6 oz. each) very low sodium tuna in water, drained
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) low fat, low sodium cream of mushroom soup (condensed)
1/2 cup fat free milk
1/2 cup fat free mayonnaise
(We used fat free Miracle Whip.)
3/4 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped onion
4 Tbsp. no sugar added relish
(We used no sugar added Mt. Olive Relish.)
1/2 cup fat free cheddar cheese
1 tsp. ground mustard
1 tsp. ground black pepper
1 can (8.25 oz.) no salt added sliced carrots
1 lb. frozen peas (or a 15 oz. can no salt added peas)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly coat a 13 x 9 baking dish with fat free spray and set aside.
2. Boil noodles according to package instructions. (We heated up 4 quarts of water to a rolling boil then slowly stirred in the noodles. We boiled them uncovered for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. We drained, rinsed the noodles in cold water and set them aside. We did not add any salt or butter as some packages suggest.)
3. In a large mixing bowl stir together the next eleven ingredients (tuna through carrots) until they are thoroughly combined.
4. If peas are frozen, heat them in a microwave for 2 minutes and then stir them into the tuna fish mixture. If using peas from a can, simply drain and fold them into the mix.
5. Stir cooked noodles into the mix until everything is thoroughly combined. Then pour everything into the prepared 13 x 9 pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
6. Divide the casserole into 8 servings and enjoy.
Yield: 8 Servings
You can freeze individual portions for easy re-heating later.
Make sure to freeze them in freezer safe containers.
Microwave for approximately 3-5 minutes, keeping the container open just a little to allow steam to escape.