Easy Chicken Parmigiana
Calories 330 (11% from fat)
Fat 4 gram
Saturated Fat 1.2 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 98 mg.
Sodium 387 mg.
Carb. 27 gram
Fiber 1.8 gram
Sugar 8 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 45.5 gram
1/3 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. pepper
6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (Average weight is 4 oz. raw per chicken breast.)
3 egg whites lightly beaten
3 cups cornflakes, crushed
fat-free cooking spray
1 jar (25.5 ounces) low-fat and low-sodium spaghetti sauce
(We used Walnut Acres Tomato & Basil Low Sodium.)
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded fat-free mozzarella cheese
1. Combine the flour, garlic powder, paprika and pepper in a shallow dish.
2. Lightly beat together the egg whites in a second shallow dish.
3. Place the crushed cornflakes in a third dish.
4. Dredge each piece of chicken first in the flour mixture, then through the egg whites and finally through the cornflakes, covering them thoroughly.
5. Coat a 13 x 9 baking dish with fat-free cooking spray and arrange the chicken in it.. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until crisp.
6. Pour spaghetti sauce in a saucepan and heat up. Once chicken is done take the baking dish out of the oven and pour spaghetti sauce over top. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake for an additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
Yield: 6 Servings
Freeze individual portions for easy re-heating later.
Re-heat each serving for approximately 6 minutes in the microwave. Make sure to crack open the top of the container before you start to let hot air escape.