Cashew Chicken Lo Mein
Calories 539 (19% from fat)
Fat 18 gram
Saturated Fat 3.3 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Chol. 66 mg.
Sodium 1118 mg.
Carb. 55 gram
Fiber 6.6 gram
Sugar 23 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 36 gram
8 oz. lo mein or udon noodles
(We used lo mein.)
4 tsp. peanut oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 16 oz. bag of frozen vegetables for stir-fry
(We used Birds Eye Pepper Stir-Fry.)
1 tsp. ground ginger
4 cups shredded roasted chicken (approximately 4 skinless/boneless chicken breasts)
(Average weight is 4 oz. raw per chicken breast.)
4 Tbsp. black bean sauce
4 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
4 Tbsp. roasted cashews (unsalted only)
1. Cook the noodles in a medium size pot of boiling water for about five minutes. Drain and cover to keep warm.
2. Cook chicken in pan with fat-free cooking spray. Shred.
3. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. We chose to use a Wok. Add frozen vegetables, garlic and ginger and cook for two minutes, until the vegetables thaw.
4. Add shredded chicken and black bean sauce and cook for two minutes, until hot. Remove the pan from heat and stir in the cilantro.
5. Divide noodles into four equal portions and spoon over each serving 1/4 of the chicken mixture.
6. Sprinkle cashews over top.
Yield: 4 Servings
Freeze individual portions for easy re-heating later.