Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo
Calories 527 (11% from fat)
Fat 6.6 gram
Saturated Fat 1.1 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 71 mg.
Sodium 595 mg.
Carb. 71 gram
Fiber 8.4 gram
Sugar 14 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 46 gram
8 oz. dry spinach fettuccine
(We used DeBoles.)
2 10-oz. packages frozen chopped broccoli
4 tsp. olive oil
4 cups cubed roasted chicken (approximately 4 skinless/boneless chicken breasts)
(Average weight is 4 oz. raw per chicken breast.)
5 cloves garlic, minced
4 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground black peper
3 cups nonfat milk
2 red bell peppers, seeded and chopped
2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese
1. Cook the fettuccine in a large pot of rapidly boiling water (approximately 8 minutes) and add the broccoli the last minute. Drain and return fettuccine and broccoli to pot.
2. Cook chicken until brown in large skillet with fat-free cooking spray. Cube the chicken.
3. Heat the oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and garlic and cook for 2 minutes (until garlic is soft).
4. Add flour, salt and black pepper. Stir to coat chicken with flour.
5. Add milk and 1/2 of the Parmesan cheese. Simmer for one to two minutes, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens.
6. Pour milk mixture over the fettuccine and broccoli, add red pepper and toss. Put on plates and sprinkle remaining parmesan cheese over top.
Yield: 4 Servings
You can make this recipe in advance and freeze the portions. Then simply re-heat them for a quick lunch or dinner.