Turkey Lasagna Rollups
Calories 470 (13% from fat)
Fat 7 gram
Saturated Fat 1 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Chol. 80 mg.
Sodium 657 mg.
Carb. 61 gram
Fiber 4 gram
Sugar 20 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 44 gram
6 Lasagna noodles (9 1/2 inches long uncooked)
16 oz. ground turkey
(We chose Butterball extra lean.)
1 Tbsp. fresh crushed garlic
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper (optional)
1/2 tsp. dried minced onion
1 tsp. fennel seed
1.5 cups + 1/2 cup + 2 cups divided low-fat low-sodium marinara sauce
(We used Walnut Acres Low Sodium Pasta Sauce.)
2 oz + 1 oz shredded fat free mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare the lasagna noodles according to package directions. When they're finished cooking, drain and run cold water over them. Then, on a large cutting board or clean work surface, lay the noodles flat.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix the turkey with the spices until well combined. Place a large frying pan over medium - high heat. Transfer the mixture into the preheated pan, breaking the turkey into large chunks with a wooden spoon. Cook until no longer pink.
3. Mix in 1.5 cups of marinara sauce and remove from the heat.
4. Spread 1/2 cup of the sauce in the bottom of a medium casserole dish and set it aside.
5. To assemble the rollups, divide the meat mixture evenly among the noodles (about ¼ cup) and spread it across 2/3 of the length of each noodles. Sprinkle 2 oz of the cheese on top of the meat. Then roll the noodles, making sure that the filling remains inside. Place the rolls sideways in the casserole dish, so they do not touch. Top them with the remaining sauce and cheese.
6. Baked covered for 20 minutes, then uncovered for five more minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to set for five more minutes.
Yield: 3 Servings