Strawberry Upside Down Cake
Calories 189 (25% from fat)
Fat 5.3 gram
Saturated Fat 5 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 47 mg.
Sodium 343 mg.
Carb. 39 gram
Fiber 1.5 gram
Sugar 4 gram
Sugar Alcohol 16 gram
Protein 4 gram
buttery cooking spray
16 oz. (about 2.5 cups) fresh strawberries, diced
2 packets (0.30 oz. each) Sugar Free Strawberry Jell-O
1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
1 (16 oz.) package sugar free yellow cake mix ONLY
(We used Pillsbury Moist Supreme Sugar Free Premium Cake Mix Classic Yellow.)
1 cup water
2 Tbsp. oil
1/3 cup fat free sour cream
This is a low-sugar indulgence covered in fresh strawberries.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Lightly coat a 9x13 baking pan with buttery cooking spray.
3. Spread diced strawberries across the bottom of the pan.
4. Evenly sprinkle Jell-O powder over the strawberries.
5. Spread mini marshmallows over the strawberries.
6. Prepare the cake mix, but do NOT add the ingredients on the label. Instead mix in 1 cup water, 2 tablespoons oil, 1/3 cup fat free sour cream and 3 whole large eggs.
7. Pour cake mix over top the marshmallows and strawberries.
8. Bake the cake for approximately 35-40 minutes. Cake is done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
9. Cool the cake on the counter for 15 minutes, then run a knife around the edges to loosen the cake from the pan. Put a serving tray on top of the pan, then flip it over. You may need to tap on the pan for the cake to fully come away. Cut, serve and enjoy.
Yield: 12 Servings