Funfetti Low Sugar Cake
Calories 150 (36% from fat)
Fat 6 gram
Saturated Fat 1.4 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 8 mg.
Sodium 218 mg.
Carb. 27 gram
Fiber 0.6 gram
Sugar 1.5 gram
Sugar Alcohol 14 gram
Protein 4.7 gram
1 box (16 oz.) sugar free yellow cake mix
(We used Pillsbury Moist Supreme Sugar Free Classic Yellow Cake Mix.)
2 scoops (2/3 cup) Protein powder
(We used GNC Pro Performance 100% Whey Protein Vanilla Flavor.)
1 1/4 cup fat free milk
1/4 cup canola oil
3 large egg whites
2 Tbsp. sugar free honey
(We used Honey Tree's Sugar Free Imitation Honey.)
1 bag (3 oz.) Russell Stover Sugar Free Chocolate Candy Pecan Delight (5 pieces of candy), chopped
buttery cooking spray
2 tsp. cake sprinkles or nonpareils
I love to make these cakes and freeze individual servings to have as a snack. The indulgence of cake with less than 2 grams of sugar.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine the cake mix and protein powder. Then whisk in the milk, canola oil, egg whites and sugar free honey.
3. Cut up TWO of the chocolate candies into small pieces. The picture below is a sample of how a single piece of candy is chopped up. Then stir those two candies into the batter.
4. Lightly coat two 8x8 baking pans with buttery cooking spray. Then pour the batter, divided equally between the two pans.
5. Cut up the remaining THREE chocolate candies into small pieces. Sprinkle them evenly over top of the batter. Divide the cake sprinkles and lightly sprinkle each half over a pan of the cake batter. The two pans will look like the picture below.
6. Bake for 18-21 minutes, until the top starts to turn a golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Put the pans on a wire rack and cool completely. Cut 9 pieces out of each pan.
Yield: 18 Servings