Orange Cheesecake with Marmalade Glaze
Calories 230 (20% from fat)
Fat 5 gram
Saturated Fat 1.2 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 25 mg.
Sodium 468 mg.
Carb. 27 gram
Fiber 0.5 gram
Sugar 13 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 16.5 gram
fat free cooking spray
9 rectangular graham crackers
2 Tbsp. canola oil
2 1/2 cups low-fat (1% milkfat) cottage cheese
12 oz. fat free cream cheese
2/3 cup Splenda
(We used the box that measures cup for cup like sugar.)
1/3 cup Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 large egg
2 large egg whites
1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
4 tsp. grated orange zest
2 Tbsp. orange juice (no pulp)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
4 Tbsp. sugar free orange marmalade
(We used Smuckers Sugar Free Orange Marmalade.)
2 Tbsp. orange liqueur or orange juice
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Coat a 9 or 10-inch springform pan with fat free cooking spray. Then line the outside of the pan with foil to prevent water from leaking IN. Start boiling a pot of water.
2. Grind up graham crackers in a food processor. Then add canola oil and pulse until crumbs are moistened. Spread and press crumbs down evenly in the bottom of the pan. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until crust is set.
3. Puree the next 11 ingredients, cottage cheese through vanilla extract in a blender or food processor until smooth. Once it's thoroughly combined, pour over the crust.
4. Put cheesecake in the middle of a shallow roasting pan and then add boiling water to PAN (not to the cheesecake). You should end up with about 1/2 an inch of water surrounding the cheesecake pan.
5. Bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 50 to 60 minutes. Edges will set but center should still jiggle a little.
6. Spray knife with fat free cooking spray and run it around the edge of the cheesecake to make sure it's not sticking to the springform pan. Put cheesecake BACK in the oven, TURN OVEN OFF, leave oven door open and let cheesecake sit in the oven for an hour.
7. Take cheesecake out of the oven, the water bath and remove the foil. Put cheesecake in refrigerator UNCOVERED for about 2 hours to chill.
8. After it's chilled, heat the marmalade and orange juice together in a saucepan over low heat. Once it's melted and smooth, brush the glaze over top the cheesecake and serve.
Yield: 10 Servings