Calories 224 (15% from fat)
Fat 4 gram
Saturated Fat 2.2 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 1 mg.
Sodium 206 mg.
Carb. 42 gram
Fiber 2 gram
Sugar 15 gram
Sugar Alcohol .5 gram
Protein 7 gram
1 package (.3 oz.) Sugar Free Strawberry Jell-O
1 cup boiling water
1 cup cold water
1 angel food cake (8 oz.) cut into small cubes
(Use our angel food cake recipe for the lowest sugar option. You only need 1/2 of the finished cake for this recipe. Freeze the rest for later. CLICK HERE for the recipe.)
1 cup mashed strawberries
1 tsp. Splenda
1 can (8 oz.) unsweetened pineapple chunks
1 cup sliced firm bananas
2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
2 cups COLD fat free milk
1 package (1 oz.) Sugar-Free Fat-Free Instant Vanilla Jell-O Pudding
1 container (8 oz.) sugar free whipped topping
(We used Sugar Free Cool Whip.)
1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
1 fresh strawberry
1. Pour the Strawberry Jell-O into a small bowl and mix it until dissolved with the boiling water. Then stir the cold water in. Pour half into another small bowl, cover and refrigerate until slightly thickened, about 1 hour. Keep the remaining Jell-O out at room temperature. Once the Jell-O in the refrigerator has thickened, you can move onto step 2.
2. Cut the angel food cake up into small bit sized cubes. Put HALF in the bottom of a trifle dish.
3. Mix together the mashed strawberries and Splenda and divide it between 2 mixing bowls.
4. Drain pineapple and set aside 1/4 cup of the juice. Cut the pineapple chunks in half and split them between the 2 mixing bowls.
5. Mix the banana slices in with the 1/4 cup pineapple juice you set aside (to help prevent them from turning brown) and divide the bananas between the 2 mixing bowls.
6. Now take the contents of 1 mixing bowl and drizzle it over top the angel food cake in the trifle dish. Top that with 1 cup of sliced strawberries and then spoon the refrigerated gelatin over the top.
7. In another bowl, whisk together cold milk and the pudding mix for 2 minutes, until it starts to set. Spread half over the mixture in the trifle bowl.
8. Repeat all the trifle bowl layers. Start with the remaining angel food cake, then the fruit from the second mixing bowl, the second cup of sliced strawberries and then the remaining pudding mixture.
9. Whisk together the Jell-O that's been sitting on the counter with the sugar free whipped topping (cool-whip). Spread it over top the trifle and sprinkle with almonds. Put it in the refrigerator to harden. After about 2 hours, it should be firm and you can garnish it with a strawberry in the middle.
Angel Food Cake
This recipe is made with our lower sugar angle food cake. Click Here for the angel food cake recipe.
Yield: 12 Servings