Chocolate Raspberry Bars
Calories 220 (31% from fat)
Fat 7.5 gram
Saturated Fat 3 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 0 mg.
Sodium 132 mg.
Carb. 41 gram
Fiber 2 gram
Sugar 13 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 3.1 gram
1 cup flour
1 cup instant oatmeal
(We used Quaker Instant.)
1/2 tsp.baking soda
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup Splenda no calorie sweetener
(We used the box that measures cup for cup like sugar.)
6 Tbsp. light butter, softened
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
(We used Nestle Mini Morsels.)
1 jar (12.75 oz.) Sugar Free Red Raspberry Preserves
(We used Smucker's Sugar Free.)
Non-fat cooking spray
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Combine the first 3 ingredients, flour, oatmeal and baking soda in a large bowl. Mix well with a whisk and set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl put in butter, brown sugar and Splenda. Blend at medium speed until smooth. Slowly add flour mixture from step (1) to butter and stir with a spoon until blended. (It will be crumbly.)
4. Take out 3/4 cup of the dough and toss with the chocolate chips in a seperate bowl. This is the topping/chocolate chip mixture. Put this aside.
5. Spray an 8 inch square baking pan with non-fat cooking spray. Pour dough in the pan and spread evenly. Next pour the jar of jam on top of the dough and spread that evenly. Finally, sprinkle the topping/chocolate chip mixture over everything.
6. Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes until it's golden brown. Cool on a wire rack and serve.
Yield: 9 Servings