Bread Pudding & Sauce
Calories 214 (5% from fat)
Fat 1.1 gram
Saturated Fat 0 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 0 mg.
Sodium 314 mg.
Carb. 34 gram
Fiber 1.4 gram
Sugar 14 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 9.6 gram
4 egg whites
1 can (12 oz.) fat free evaporated milk
(We used Carnation Brand.)
1/3 cup Sugar Twin Granulated Brown
(We used this instead of brown sugar.)
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1.5 oz. (1/3 cup) raisins
6 french rolls cubed
(We used Pepperidge Farm Hot & Crusty French Rolls.)
Non-fat cooking spray
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup whiskey
1 Tbsp. corn starch
2 Tbsp. Splenda
(We used the box that measures cup for cup like sugar.)
1 Tbsp. fat free butter
(We used I Can't Believe It's Not Butter! Fat Free.)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Combine the first six ingredients, egg whites through vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl. Beat together with a wire whisk. Add raisins to the mix.
3. Cut french rolls into cubes. Fold bread into mixing bowl and make sure it's completely coated.
4. Spray six 6-ounce custard cups with non-fat cooking spray. Spoon the french roll mixture evenly into the six cups.
5. Fill a baking pan with 3/4 inch of hot water, then place custard dishes in the pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. Combine the five sauce ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir constantly. Once it's boiling, cook for an additional minute until the sauce thickens. Serve it warm over the bread pudding.
Yield: 6 Servings
Freeze individual servings for later with the sauce on top.
Re-heat each serving approximately 3-5 minutes in the microwave.
Make sure to crack open the top of the container before you start to let hot air escape.