Pear & Cream Cheese Almond Torte
Calories 206 (37% from fat)
Fat 8.6 gram
Saturated Fat 1.2 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 3.5 mg.
Sodium 281 mg.
Carb. 25 gram
Fiber 4 gram
Sugar 10 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 9 gram
1/2 cup (1 Stick) light butter
(We used I Can't Believe It's Not Butter LIGHT!)
1 cup Splenda no calorie sweetener
(We used the box that measures cup for cup like sugar.)
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 pkg. (8 oz.) fat free cream cheese
(We used Philadelphia Fat Free Cream Cheese.)
3 egg whites
1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
4 cups sliced peeled pears (about 4 medium pears)
1/4 cup almond slices
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Beat butter and 1/3 cup Splenda in bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add flour and mix well. Spread firmly on the bottom and up 1 inch of the sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
2. Beat cream cheese and 1/3 cup of the remaining Splenda with electric mixer until well blended. Continue mixing and add egg and vanilla. Spread evenly over crust.
3. Combine remaining 1/3 cup Splenda and cinnamon. Add to pears in bowl and toss to coat the pears. Arrange pears over cream cheese layer and sprinkle with almonds.
4. NOTE: Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes, then REDUCE HEAT to 375 degrees and bake an additional 25 minutes (or until center is set.)
5. Cool on wire rack. Loosen torte from rim of pan. Cover and refrigerate 3 hours before serving.
Yield: 8 Servings