Strawberry Lemon Kiwi Overnight Oatmeal
Calories 175 (10% from fat)
Fat 2 gram
Saturated Fat 0 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 3 mg.
Sodium 62 mg.
Carb. 29 gram
Fiber 5 gram
Sugar 11 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0.25 gram
Protein 12 gram
1 cup rolled oats
(We used Quaker Quick 1-Minute Oats.)
1 cup fat free milk
(We used Fairlife Fat Free Ultra-Filtered Lactose Free Milk because it's higher in protein and lower in sugar.)
1 cup fat free plain Greek Yogurt
2 cups strawberries, chopped and divided
2 medium kiwi fruit, peeled and chopped
2 Tbsp. fresh mint, thinly sliced
2 Tbsp. artificial sweetener such as Splenda or Stevia
2 tsp. lemon zest
1 Tbsp. sugar free syrup
(We used Cary's Sugar Free low calorie syrup.)
4 tsp. artificial sweetener such as Splenda or Stevia
The oats soak up the yogurt and strawberry, giving them a wonderful creaminess. You can eat it cold on a hot day or heat it up when it's cold outside. It tastes so good you'll think it's dessert.
This will stay good in the refrigerator for one day after you make it.
1. In a small mixing bowl, stir together the oats, milk and yogurt.
2. Cut up the strawberries and put ONE cup in the yogurt mixture. Set the other cup aside.
3. Peel and chop up the kiwi fruit. Put ONE kiwi into the yogurt mixture, put the second kiwi into the strawberries you set aside.
4. Chop the mint into thin strips. Mix ONE tablespoon into the strawberry and kiwi mixture. Put the remaining tablespoon of mint into a small bowl. Cover the bowl of mint and put it in the refrigerator.
5. Mix in 2 tablespoons of the artificial sweetener into the bowl with the strawberries and kiwi. Cover and store in the refrigerator.
6. Stir the lemon zest, sugar-free syrup and 4 teaspoons of artificial sweetener into the yogurt mixture.
7. Cover the yogurt mixture and put it in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours or overnight.
8. Divide the yogurt mixture between four dishes. Put 3/4 of a cup yogurt mixture and 6 tablespoons of the strawberry and kiwi mixture on top. Sprinkle the remaining fresh mint over each one.
Yield: 4 Servings