Overnight Baked Oatmeal
Calories 196 (24% from fat)
Fat 5 gram
Saturated Fat 0.5 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 22 mg.
Sodium 194 mg.
Carb. 25 gram
Fiber 3 gram
Sugar 11 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 9 gram
3 large egg whites
1 large whole egg
3 cups fat free milk
(We used fairlife fat free lactose free ultra-filtered milk because it's lower in sugar.)
3/4 cup packed Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
2 Tbsp. canola oil
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, ground
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
1/4 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
1/4 cup blackberries (fresh or frozen)
buttery cooking spray
This tastes like a combination of bread pudding and oatmeal cookie. It's a delicious breakfast.
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the first 7 ingredients, eggs through salt.
2. Stir in the oatmeal, raspberries and blackberries.
3. Lightyly coat an 8x8 inch baking pan with buttery cooking spray.
4. Pour the oatmeal mixture into the baking pan. Then cover it and put it in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
6. Remove pan of oatmeal from the refrigerator, then stir it. Bake, uncovered until golden brown and a thermometer reads 160 degrees Fahrenheit, about 45 to 52 minutes.
7. Cut it into 9 pieces and serve warm. Freeze the remainder for a quick breakfast or snack later.
Yield: 9 Servings
You can freeze individual servings for easy re-heating later. Make sure they're tightly sealed inside freezer safe containers.
Microwave each serving for approximately 2 - 3 minutes and enjoy.