Egg and Salsa Burrito
Calories 369 (22% from fat)
Fat 9 gram
Saturated Fat 4.5 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 15 mg.
Sodium 1109 mg.
Carb. 39 gram
Fiber 6 gram
Sugar 5 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 28 gram
buttery cooking spray
4 large egg whites, whisked together
4 Tbsp. 2% Mozzarella, shredded and divided
1 whole wheat flour tortilla (10-inch size)
2 Tbsp. salsa
This is a remarkably quick and simple recipe you can make when you want a protein filled breakfast in a hurry. From start to finish I can make this in under 5 minutes. Change the intensity of the dish by choosing hotter salsa.
1. Heat an 12-inch non-stick pan over medium high heat. (You can use smaller pans, down to 9-inches across, it's just a little tighter fit for the tortilla.)
2. Once the pan is hot, lightly coat it with buttery cooking spray. Then whisk the eggs together so they're fluffy and spread them evenly across the bottom of the pan. If the pan isn't level, keep turning the pan so the egg whites are level across the bottom as they cook.
3. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the cheese over the top, then place the tortilla on top of everything.
4. Slowly turn the tortilla with the egg, so that it releases the egg from the bottom of the pan. While you're turning the tortilla, the egg should be turning with it underneath.
5. Use a spatula and flip the egg/tortilla over. Sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons of cheese and the salsa over the egg. Then fold the tortilla IN HALF.
6. Cook the tortilla for 10 to 30 seconds, until the bottom is browned.
7. Flip the tortilla over and cook the remaining side another 10 to 30 seconds, until it's browned. Then serve.
Yield: 1 Serving