Banana Bread French Toast
Calories 337 (14% from fat)
Fat 5 gram
Saturated Fat 2 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 69 mg.
Sodium 714 mg.
Carb. 48 gram
Fiber 5 gram
Sugar 19 gram
Sugar Alcohol 38 gram
Protein 24 gram
Ingredients - STEP 1
buttery cooking spray
2 large egg whites
1 large whole egg
1/3 cup light buttermilk
(We used 1.5% Milkfat Cultured Buttermilk.)
2 Tbsp. light butter
(We used Land O Lakes Light Butter with Canola Oil.)
1/3 cup fat free sour cream
1 cup mashed bananas
1 cup Swerve sugar replacemenet (or Splenda or stevia.)
1/4 cup Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
1 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
2 Scoops (2/3 cup) protein powder
(We used GNC Pro Performance 100% Whey Vanilla Cream Protein Powder.)
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
Ingredients - STEP 2
(The ingredients in STEP 2 are to make 2 slices of banana bread French toast. Simply increase these incredients by 3 times to make french toast out of the entire loaf - 5 servings of 2 slices each.)
2 large egg whites
1 tsp. milk
1/8 tsp. cinnamon, ground
This was a special on a local menu years ago. The only way we could recreate it was to make the banana bread from scratch…so we did. It only seems decadent.
If you want an even crispier taste, simply slice the banana bread thinner.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Lightly coat an 8.5 x 4.5 inch baking dish or loaf pan with buttery cooking spray.
3. Blend together the next six WET ingredients, egg whites, whole egg, buttermilk, butter, sour cream and mashed bananas.
4. Stir in the next six DRY ingredients, sugar replacement through salt until thoroughly combined.
5. Pour the mixture into the loaf pan and bake for 50 – 60 minutes, until a wooden toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. The top of the bread will turn brown. Once it's cooled for about 5 minutes, cut it into 10 servings.
6. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Then whisk together the three ingredients in Step 2.
7. Lightly coat the pan with buttery cooking spray. Dip both sides of the bread into the egg mixture and place it in the frying pan. Cook about 2-3 minutes per side, until it’s nicely browned.8. Remove from the pan and serve with sugar free syrup.
Yield: 5 Servings, 2 Slices Per Serving
You can freeze individual servings for easy re-heating later. Make sure they're tightly sealed inside freezer safe containers.
Microwave each serving for approximately 2 minutes and enjoy.