Sweet Potato and Ham Hash
Calories 311 (30% from fat)
Fat 10 gram
Saturated Fat 3 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 234 mg.
Sodium 1309 mg.
Carb. 27 gram
Fiber 3 gram
Sugar 10 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 29 gram
2 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 cup onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
3 green onions, chopped
1 red chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped
3 garlic cloves (3 tsp.), minced
2 cups (12 oz.) fully cooked ham, cubed
2 Tbsp. lower fat butter
1/2 tsp. pepper
olive oil cooking spray
4 whole large eggs
Upgrade your breakfast to this Sunday special. The sweet potatoes are a nice change from traditional potatoes.
1. Peel and cube the sweet potatoes. Set aside.
2. Prep the next six ingredients, onion through ham. (You might need to wear gloves for the red chili pepper because the oil can burn your skin. Be careful not to touch your face after cutting.)
3. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Once it’s hot, add the butter and sweet potatoes. Sauté for approximately 15 minutes until tender.
4. Lightly spray the sweet potatoes with the olive oil, then add the onion, bell pepper, green onions and red chili pepper. Sauté for another 4-5 minutes, until the vegetables start to turn tender. Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute; then stir in the ham and pepper.
5. Make four wells (indents) in the potato mixture and add an egg to each well. Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until the egg whites are completely set. Divide into four servings and enjoy.
Yield: 4 Servings
You can store individual portions in the refrigerator for easy re-heating later. It will keep for up to 2 days.
Microwave for approximately 1-2 minutes. Keep the container open a little to allow steam to escape.