Pumpkin Protein Pancakes
(Nutritional breakdown does not include any toppings.)
Calories 124 (21% from fat)
Fat 2.8 gram
Saturated Fat 0.5 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 19 mg.
Sodium 220 mg.
Carb. 18 gram
Fiber 2.2 gram
Sugar 5.7 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 5.6 gram
1 1/2 cups lowfat buttermilk
1 1/3 cups pure pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie mix.)
1 whole large egg
2 large egg whites
2 Tbsp. canola oil
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups white wheat flour
1 scoop (1/3 cup) protein powder
(We used GNC Vanilla Whey Protein Powder.)
1/4 cup Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
3 Tbsp. Splenda or stevia
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon, ground
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
TOPPINGS - Optional
lightly coat with spray butter
1/4 cup sugar free syrup
(We used Cary's Sugar Free Syrup.)
Stuck with cans of pumpkin mix after the holidays? Use it to make pancakes that you can freeze and eat anytime you're in a hurry.
1. In a large bowl whisk together the first six wet ingredients, buttermilk through vanilla extract.
2. In another large bowl whisk together the remaining 10 dry ingredients, white wheat flour through salt.
3. Slowly mix the DRY ingredients in with the WET ingredients until thoroughly combined.
4. Heat a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Then lightly coat pan with buttery cooking spray and pour 1/3 heaping cup of the batter into the pan. Each pancake is made from 1/3 heaping cup of batter.
5. Cook until bubbles start to appear on the edge of the pancakes, approximately 1 minute. Then flip the pancakes and cook for an additional minute on the other side.
6. Top with a light butter spray and sugar free syrup.
Yield: 15 Servings
You can freeze individual portions for easy re-heating later.
Microwave for approximately 2-3 minutes. Keep the container open a little to allow steam to escape.