Sweet and Savory French Toast - Crock Pot (Slow Cooker)
Calories 431 (3% from fat)
Fat 11 gram
Saturated Fat 2.2 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 79 mg.
Sodium 1104 mg.
Carb. 43 gram
Fiber 4.6 gram
Sugar 9.5 gram
Sugar Alcohol 11 gram
Protein 42 gram
fat free buttery cooking spray
8 slices of whole wheat bread, toasted
4 tsp. mustard
15 large egg whites
3 whole large eggs
2 1/4 cups fat free milk
1 tsp. black pepper, ground
14 oz. Vegetarian sausage
(We used one package of Tofurky Italian Sausage.)
2 cups fat free cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
2 cups sugar free syrup
(We used Cary's Sugar Free Syrup.)
1. Lightly coat a 4-5 quart slow cooker with buttery spray.
2. Toast the bread, then spread the mustard over half the slices. Cut the toast into about nine squares per slice.
3. Whisk together the eggs, milk and black pepper. Set aside.
4. Place the bread on the bottom of the slow cooker, then spread the chopped sausage over the top and follow that with the cheeses. Pour the egg and milk mixture over the entire top.
5. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours. Divide into 8 servings and cover each serving with 1/4 cup of sugar free syrup. Enjoy.
Yield: 8 Servings
You can freeze individual portions for easy re-heating later.
Microwave for approximately 1-2 minutes. Keep the container open a little to allow steam to escape.