Apple Cinnamon Protein Pancakes
Calories 128 (13% from fat)
Fat 1.8 gram
Saturated Fat 0.4 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Chol. 17.5 mg.
Sodium 99 mg.
Carb. 17 gram
Fiber 3 gram
Sugar 4.8 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 11 gram
4 large egg whites
3/4 cup dry oats
(We used Quaker Oats.)
1 1/2 cups water
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 apple (1 cup), core removed and finely diced
1 scoop protein powder
(We used GNC Pro Performance 100% Whey Protein Vanilla Flavor.)
2 Tbsp. fat free half & half
3 Tbsp. Splenda or stevia
(We used the Splenda box that measures cup for cup like sugar.)
fat free buttery spray
sugar free syrup topping
1. Take the eggs out of the refrigerator and set them aside to start warming up. Then put the oatmeal and water in a microwave safe bowl and heat it on high for 1 minute. Stir the oatmeal and heat on high again for another 30 to 45 seconds. (Make sure it doesn't boil out of the bowl.)
2. Remove oatmeal from the microwave and stir in the cinnamon. Set aside to cool down.
3. Dice the apple into small pieces. Then stir the apple into the oatmeal. Pour the oatmeal mixture into a large mixing bowl. Stir in the protein powder and half & half. Place a non-stick pan on the stove and start heating on medium.
4. Put the egg whites into a large METAL or GLASS mixing bowl (they will not fluff up in plastic) and beat them on high until peaks begin to form. Now add in the Splenda or Stevia and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
5. Fold the eggs into the oatmeal mixture until they're combined. Lightly spray the pan with buttery spray and pour 1/2 a cup of pancake mixture into the pan. It should cook about 2 minutes per side, until they turn a nice brown. Pancakes will be very fluffy when you take them off the stove, but they will deflate as they sit.
Yield: 4 Servings - 2 Pancakes Per Serving
Freeze two pancakes together in freezer safe containers for easy re-heating later.
Re-heat for 1 -2 minutes in microwave on high.