Cornflake Waffles with Honey Sauce
Calories 245 (14% from fat)
Fat 4 gram
Saturated Fat 2.2 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Chol. 18 mg.
Sodium 304 mg.
Carb. 52 gram
Fiber 2.8 gram
Sugar 5 gram
Sugar Alcohol 27 gram
Protein 8.7 gram
1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups cornflakes, crushed
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. No Salt Sodium Free Salt Alternative
1 scoop protein powder
(We used GNC Pro Performance 100% Whey Protein Vanilla Flavor.)
1 cup fat free milk
3/4 cups fat free half & half
4 large egg whites
1/4 cup no sugar added apple sauce
3/4 cup sugar free honey
(We used Honey Tree's Sugar Free Imitation Honey.)
1/3 cup sugar free syrup
(We used Cary's Sugar Free Syrup.)
2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
1/2 tsp. cinnamon, ground
dash of nutmeg, ground
1. Start heating up a waffle maker.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine the 5 dry ingredients together (flour through protein powder). In a separate bowl, mix the milk, half & half, egg whites, and apple sauce together. Then stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until it's thoroughly combined.
3. Lightly coat both top and bottom of waffle maker with butter spray. Then pour approximately 1/2 cup of waffle mixture in and cook according to manufacturer's instructions.
4. While waffles are cooking, pour the honey, syrup, butter, cinnamon and nutmeg in a saucepan. Cook on medium while stirring until thoroughly combined and heated through.
5. When the waffles are done, pour about 2 tablespoons of syrup mixture over each waffle. Serve hot.
Yield: 8 Servings - Waffle Per Serving
Freeze each waffle (without syrup!) in individual freezer bags for easy re-heating later.
To thaw, put waffles in toaster on the medium setting.
If you prefer less crispy waffles, you can freeze them with the syrup on top in freezer safe containers. Then re-heat for 1 minute in microwave on high.