Black Forest Waffles
Calories 374 (17% from fat)
Fat 7 gram
Saturated Fat 3.8 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Chol. 41 mg.
Sodium 418 mg.
Carb. 61 gram
Fiber 5 gram
Sugar 16 gram
Sugar Alcohol 4.4 gram
Protein 18 gram
1 cup dry oats
(We used Quaker Oats.)
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup white flour
1/2 cup Splenda
(We used the box that measures cup for cup like sugar.)
2 scoops (2/3 cup) protein powder
(We used GNC Pro Performance 100% Whey Protein Vanilla Flavor.)
2 Tbsp. Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
3 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/4 cup fat free milk
3 medium egg whites
1/4 tsp. almond extract
2 Tbsp. no salt added butter, melted
1 can (21 ounce) no sugar added cherry pie filling
1/2 cup Cary's Sugar Free Syrup
16 Tbsp. fat free whipped cream
1. Start heating up a waffle maker.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine the 8 dry ingredients together (dry oats through salt). In a separate bowl, mix the milk, egg whites, almond extract and melted butter together. Then stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until it's thoroughly combined.
3. Lightly coat both top and bottom of waffle maker with butter spray. Then pour approximately 1/2 cup of waffle mixture in and cook according to manufacturer's instructions.
4. While waffles are cooking, mix together the cherry pie filling and the sugar free syrup. Set aside.
5. When the waffles are done, pour 1/2 cup of cherry pie and syrup mixture over each waffle, then top with 2 tablespoons of whipped cream. Serve hot.
Yield: 5 Servings - 1 Waffle Per Serving
Freeze each serving for easy re-heating later. Pour the cherry filling and maple syrup mixture on top of each waffle before you freeze them.
To thaw, microwave on high for approximately 1 - 2 minutes, depending on microwave strength.