Whole Wheat Waffles
Calories 243 (13% from fat)
Fat 3.4 gram
Saturated Fat 0.6 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Chol. 44 mg.
Sodium 250 mg.
Carb. 42 gram
Fiber 3.6 gram
Sugar 6.8 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 12 gram
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 scoops (2/3 cup) protein powder
(We used GNC Pro Performance 100% Whey Protein Vanilla Flavor.)
1 cup yellow corn meal
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 large whole egg
2 large egg whites
1/4 cup Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
1 Tbsp. canola oil
2 tsp. vanilla extract
fat free butter or cooking spray
2. Preheat a waffle iron.
3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the first five dry ingredients, flour through baking soda. In a separate bowl lightly beat together the next five ingredients, eggs through vanilla extract.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones and keep stirring until thoroughly combined.
5. Lightly coat the heated waffle iron with cooking spray. Pour approximately 1/2 a cup of batter on the waffle iron, spread to make sure it's coated evenly, close the lid and cook for 3-5 minutes until golden brown.
6. Store the cooked waffles on the baking sheet in the oven to keep them warm until you're ready to serve them.
7. Serve the waffles with Sugar Free Syrup or toppings like Smuckers Sugar Free Strawberry Topping.
Yield: 8 Servings - Approximately 1/2 Cup Batter Per Serving
Freeze each waffle for easy re-heating later.
To thaw, microwave on high for approximately 45 seconds to 1 minute.