Whole Wheat Egg and Cream Cheese Casserole
Calories 422 (23% from fat)
Fat 10.5 gram
Saturated Fat 4 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Chol. 127 mg.
Sodium 458 mg.
Carb. 50 gram
Fiber 6.5 gram
Sugar 14.4 gram
Sugar Alcohol 11 gram
Protein 29 gram
1/2 cup Splenda no calorie sweetener
(We used the box that measures cup for cup like sugar.)
2 Tbsp. Cary's SUGAR FREE Syrup
2 Tbsp. reduced salt butter
2 tsp. corn syrup
fat-free cooking spray
8 slices SALT FREE multi-grain bread
(We used Alvarado Street Bakery no salt Sprouted Multi-grain.)
4 oz. fat free cream cheese
(We used half an 8 oz. package of fat free Philadelphia Cream Cheese.)
1/4 cup lite apple sauce (no sugar added)
9 egg whites
2 whole eggs
1 1/2 cup fat free milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
8 Tbsp. fat free whipped cream
1 cup fresh raspberries
(You can also substitute other berries like blackberries, strawberries and blueberries.)
2. Spray a 9x13 inch glass baking pan with fat-free cooking spray.
3. Take four slices of bread and spread 1 oz. of fat free cream cheese on each slice. Put the remaining 4 slices of bread on top of the cream cheese coated ones, so you end up with 4 sandwiches. Lay those sandwiches evenly in the pan.
4. In a mixing bowl, use a wire whisk and blend together the next 6 ingredients, from the apple sauce to the nutmeg. Then pour the sugar and butter mixture into the bowl and whisk together for 1 more minute.
5. Now pour everything over the sandwiches in the baking pan, cover with cellophane wrap and let it sit in the refrigerator overnight. (It only needs to soak in the refrigerator for 2 hours, but if you put it in the night before it makes for a VERY easy breakfast.)
6. When you're ready to cook, pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove the cellophane wrap, put the dish in the oven and bake for 40 minutes.
7. When it's done cooking, divide it up into 4 servings (1 sandwich per serving) and put 2 Tbsp. of whipped cream, 1/4 cup of raspberries and some sugar free syrup over each serving.
Yield: 4 Servings