Mediterranean Chicken Omelet
Calories 341 (21% from fat)
Fat 8 gram
Saturated Fat 3.5 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Chol. 101 mg.
Sodium 638 mg.
Carb. 11 gram
Fiber 2 gram
Sugar 5 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 55 gram
fat-free olive oil cooking spray
1 pound boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
1/2 cup peach salsa
(We used Sarchi Peachy Zinger Salsa)
6 oz. package baby spinch
6 Tbsp. crumbled feta (approximately 2 oz.)
4 Tbsp. chopped olives
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
16 egg whites
1. Chop the chicken into cubes.
2. Heat a non-stick frying pan on medium-high heat and spray with fat-free olive oil cooking spray. Add chicken and peach salsa then cook in frying pan until lightly browned. (Approximately 8 minutes.)
3. Add spinach to frying pan and cook until wilted and chicken is thoroughly browned. (Approximately 4 more minutes.)
4. Remove chicken, peach salsa and spinach from frying pan and pour into large bowl. Mix in feta cheese, chopped olives and black pepper.
5. Heat a small non-stick frying pan on medium heat and spray with fat-free olive oil cooking spray. Pour 4 egg whites into the pan and cook for 2 minutes or until egg has started to set. Add 1/4 of chicken mixture and cook an additional 2 minutes until egg starts to harden. Fold egg mixture in half and cook an additional 2 minutes. Finally flip omlette over and cook a final 2-4 minutes, or until egg is fully set.
6. Repeat step 5 three more times (once for each omlette you are preparing). Serve omlette and squeeze the juice of 1/4 fresh lemon over top of each for extra flavoring.
Yield: 4 Servings
Make sure to stop at step 4 when preparing for freezing and split chicken mixture into 4 servings. Freeze each individual serving of omlette filling for later.
To thaw, microwave each chicken mixture on high for approximately 5 minutes and follow steps 5 and 6 to prepare each omlette.