Blueberry Protein Bread
Calories 247 (10% from fat)
Fat 2.6 gram
Saturated Fat 1 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Chol. 35 mg.
Sodium 128 mg.
Carb. 37 gram
Fiber 5 gram
Sugar 11 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 18 gram
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 cups oatmeal
(We used Quaker Oats.)
1/2 cup Splenda no calorie sweetener
(We used the box that measures cup for cup like sugar.)
4 scoops (1 1/3 cup) protein powder
(We used GNC Pro Performance 100% Whey Protein Vanilla Flavor.)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup SUGAR FREE blackberry jam
(We used Smuckers Sugar Free Seedless Blackberry Jam.)
7 egg whites
2 tsp. imitation butter extract
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. ground cloves
1 cup water
2 cups whole blueberries
2. Combine the first 4 ingredients, whole wheat flour, oatmeal, Splenda and protein powder in a mixing bowl. Stir them together.
3. In a blender combine the next 7 ingredients, brown sugar, jam, egg whites, butter extract, vanilla extract, ground cloves and water. Blend them together for about a minute.
4. Pour the contents of the blender over the flour mixture and start stirring. Then add the blueberries and keep stirring until thoroughly combined.
5. Divide the mixture evenly into 8 trays of the mini-loaf pan. (Each mini-loaf is composed of approximately 3/4 cup mixture.)
6. Bake for 25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a wire rack. Remove from mini-loaf pan and serve.
NOTE: Store the excess loaves in sealable plastic bags in the refrigerator so they don't lose moisture. When you're ready to eat them, heat each loaf in a microwave for 45 seconds and they taste fresh from the oven.
Yield: 8 Servings
Freeze each serving for easy re-heating later.
Microwave each bar for approximately 3.5 minutes. Make sure to keep it covered so it doesn't lose moisture. If you want to make it more moist, place a wet paper towel over top of it before you start the microwave.