Frozen Coated Grapes
Calories 65 (0% from fat)
Fat 0 gram
Saturated Fat 0 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Chol. 0 mg.
Sodium 68 mg.
Carb. 14 gram
Fiber 1 gram
Sugar 12 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 2 gram
3 cups (15.9 oz.) of seedless grapes, removed from stems and rinsed
1 box (0.6 oz.) Sugar Free Jell-O, your choice of flavor
(We liked Strawberry and Lime.)
Each grape is a flavor explosion. When you bite into one, it has the texture of ice cream, with the first hit being the Jell-O flavoring followed by the satisfying sweetness of the grape. They're fantastic as appetizers and a great dessert on a hot day.
We recommend using larger grapes because they're easier to spear with the toothpicks. A cup is two servings, and it weighs 5.3 ounces. That's about 20 of the larger grapes. Even our biggest eaters were satisfied after 1/2 a cup (10 grapes), so that's what we list as a serving size, but you can eat more or less as you wish.
1. Take the grapes off the stem and put them in a colander to rinse. Wash them and make sure to remove any that are mushy.
2. Spread the Sugar Free Jell-O mix out on a pan or a large resealable container. Then take the grapes, still wet from being rinsed and spread them over the Jell-O mixture.
3. Shake the pan or container and make sure all the grapes get completely coated with the Jell-O.
4. Use toothpicks to spear each grape and transfer them to a freezer-safe dish. The toothpicks will keep your fingers from getting stained the color of the Jell-O.
5. Freeze for at least 8 hours or overnight.
6. Take from the freezer and serve as an appetizer or dessert.
Yield: About 6 Servings, 1/2 a Cup of Grapes Per Serving or 10 Large Grapes