Baked Zucchini Chips
Calories 47 (20% from fat)
Fat 1 gram
Saturated Fat 0.3 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Chol. 1.7 mg.
Sodium 185 mg.
Carb. 7.3 gram
Fiber 1.2 gram
Sugar 2 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 3 gram
2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch slices
1/2 cup whole wheat seasoned bread crumbs
1/8 tsp. black pepper, ground
2 Tbsp reduced fat Parmesan
(We used Kraft Reduced Fat Parmesan Style Grated Topping.)
2 egg whites
1. Preheat the oven to 475 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove the ends of the zucchini, then cut into 1/4 inch slices.
2. Mix together the bread crumbs, pepper and Parmesan. Whisk together the egg whites in a separate bowl.
3. Lightly coat a baking sheet with buttery cooking spray.
4. Take the zucchini slices and dip them first in the eggs whites, covering both sides. Then coat with the breadcrumb mixture. Place the zucchini slices on the baking sheet.
5. Bake for 7 minutes at 475 degrees Fahrenheit. Then take out of the oven, turn over and bake for another 7 to 10 minutes, until browned and crispy. Serve immediately.
Yield: 7 Servings, 5 Chips Per Serving (Approximately)