Turkey Salad on Cucumber Slices Dusted with Macadamia Nut
Calories 68 (39% from fat)
Fat 2.9 gram
Saturated Fat 0 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Chol. 15 mg.
Sodium 40 mg.
Carb. 4 gram
Fiber 0.7 gram
Sugar 2.7 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 6 gram
3/4 cups turkey (6 oz.), cooked and finely chopped
1/2 medium apple, chopped finely
2 Tbsp. fat free mayonnaise
1 Tbsp. chutney (Your flavor choice.)
1 Tbsp. fresh chives, diced
1/2 tsp. ginger, fresh
18 slices (10 oz.) of cucumbers
1/4 cup macadamia nuts
1. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Lightly coat with fat free spray and cook the turkey until it's browned on each side. Then chop it up into small pieces.
2. Mix together the first six ingredients (chopped turkey through ginger) in a small bowl. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
3. Cut the cucumber into 18 slices about the thickness of a cracker. Put a full tablespoon of chilled salad on each slice of cucumber.
4. Put the macadamia nuts in a plastic bag and crush them. I like to use a frying pan to smash them. Then sprinkle 1/2 a teaspoon of macadamia nut (crushed) on top of each turkey salad cucumber slice.
5. Serve or cover and chill until ready to serve later.
Yield: 9 Servings (2 topped slices per serving.)