Baked Cheese Sticks and Salsa
Calories 144 (39% from fat)
Fat 6.2 gram
Saturated Fat 3 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Chol. 15 mg.
Sodium 309 mg.
Carb. 14 gram
Fiber 0.3 gram
Sugar 1 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 8 gram
fat free cooking spray
1/2 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs.)
1 Tbsp. Italian herb seasoning
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1 large egg white
1/2 Tbsp. whole wheat flour
4 part-skim mozzarella cheese sticks
8 Tbsp. low sodium salsa
(We used Green Mountain Gringo Salsa.)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Add the panko bread crumbs, Italian herb seasoning and garlic powder together in a zipper-top bag and shake until thoroughly combined. Pour the mixture into a shallow bowl.
3. Put the egg white in a bowl beside the panko bread crumb mixture. Beat the egg white until it starts to froth.
4. Place the flour in a shallow bowl. Cut the cheese sticks in half and roll each one in the flour, then dip the floured cheese sticks in the egg mixture and finally in the panko bread crumb mixture until they're completely covered.
5. Place the cheese sticks on a cooking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cheese starts to bubble and melt.
6. Serve each cheese stick with a tablespoon of salsa on the top.
Yield: 4 Servings (2 Cheese Sticks Per Serving)