Calories 29 (26% from fat)
Fat 0.8 gram
Saturated Fat 0 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Chol. 9 mg.
Sodium 89 mg.
Carb. 4 gram
Fiber 0.5 gram
Sugar 1 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 1.2 gram
fat free olive oil cooking spray
1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 cup onions, finely choped
1 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
1/3 cup flour, whole-wheat pastry
1/3 cup flour, all purpose
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp. oregano, dried
1 tsp sugar, granulated
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/3 cup fat free milk
1 whole large egg, well beaten
2 Tbsp. tomato paste, no salt added
1/3 cup reduced fat feta cheese, crumbled
2 Tbsp. kalamata olives, chopped
1. Warm a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Lightly coat with fat free cooking spray and add the extra virgin olive oil. Stir in the onion and red bell pepper, cooking until the onion gets tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and let cool.
2. Spray a mini-muffin tray with fat free cooking spray. Preheat over to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the whole wheat pastry flour, all purpose flour, baking powder, oregano, sugar, garlic powder and salt.
4. Stir in the fat free milk, egg and tomato paste. Then fold in the feta cheese and chopped olives.
5. Fill each muffin cup 2/3 full and bake until lightly browned, about 12 to 14 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes before serving. They're best when warm or served at room temperature.
Yield: 24 Servings